Latest Articles

How To Disable Installation Of Themes And Addons In Mozilla Firefox


Here is a quick tutorial on how to disable installation of themes and addons of Mozilla Firefox. I do not know the use of this tutorial but for knowledge sake its good to know. Lets start :

1) Open Mozilla Firefox and in the address bar type about:config

2) Now click on I'll be careful, I promise

3) In the Filter textbox type xpinstall.enabled

4) Below right click on xpinstall.enabled and select Toggle. Have a look :

5) Restart your browser.

From now when you will try to install any theme or add-on an error will come saying that addons has been disabled.

2 comments:

@ Albert Pinto

I was just exploring about:config and found this method to disable themes. I still do not know what is the use of it.

Post a Comment

Comments posted on 84Productions are Moderated. Please do not use any abusive language.
Do not spam in comment box.


Thanks
Gagan