Latest Articles

Start Windows In Safe Mode : Alternate Method


Whenever I scan my PC with Anti Virus and Anti Spyware I boot into safe mode. We normally use F8 method to boot into safe mode but if your PC is infected with virus, sometimes F8 options does not works at all.

So here is an alternate method to boot into Safe Mode. This tutorial is for Windows XP only :

Step 1) Open your PC in normal mode. Now click on Start and then go to RUN.

Step 2) Type MSCONFIG in it and hit Enter.

Step 3) You will be directed to System Configuration Utility. Click on BOOT.INI tab on the top.

Step 4) Put a tick on Safe Mode and click Apply and OK.

Have a look :



Step 5) Now restart your computer and it will automatically start in Safe Mode.

Step 6) To go to normal mode perform the same steps told above and uncheck Safe Mode and click on Apply and OK and restart your PC again.

Note : This tutorial is for Windows XP only.

2 comments:

nice idea..dude....but in general scenerio ..we use safe mode..when system reboot all the time...so this trick is just good to know knowledge...

I had a big problem a few days ago. I got the xp antispyware 2009 virus. It took me something like one hour to manage to boot into safe mode.
Well, I think that it won't happen again. I just bookmarked this article ;-)

Thanks

Post a Comment

Comments posted on 84Productions are Moderated. Please do not use any abusive language.
Do not spam in comment box.


Thanks
Gagan